NEW Computer Science Courses!

Janeal Tyler, Computer Science Teacher

We are pleased to announce the roll out of two new Computer Science courses – Robotics Seminar and Computer Science Foundations 2.  Both of these classes are considered to be level 2 Computer Science courses, which means students must have an 80% or better in one of our level 1 courses (Introduction to Programming or Computer Science Foundations 1).

Robotics Seminar is the course to take if students are interested in joining the Mitchell competition Robotics Team.  Not only is this a new course it is the first time Mitchell will be having a competitive robotics team as well.  During class students will learn how to build and program robots with a project based learning approach.  As this class develops in the future students to Robotics Seminar 1,2,3, and 4 the upper level students will take on leadership roles training new incoming students to build an amazing student lead robotics program.

Computer Science Foundations 2 is a course designed for students how have an outstanding mind for technology and want to challenge themselves with harder projects.  Throughout this course students will learn about computing systems, networks and the internet, data and analysis, algorithms and programming, and the impacts of computing.  This class will have a ton of hands on projects for students along with being a prep class for students who are interested in taking an Advanced Placement Computer Science course in the future to prepare for a computer science degree in college.

Stay tuned for more developments in the Computer Science department was we build out his program to make it the best for Mitchell students!  Be sure to like and follow this blog to help support our student scholars.

School District 11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to disability, need for special education services (whether actual or perceived), race, creed, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, genetic information, or protected activity. Any harassment/discrimination of students and/or staff, based on the protected areas, will not be tolerated and must be brought to the immediate attention of the D11 nondiscrimination compliance/grievance coordinator.

NONDISCRIMINATION COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR Katherine Ritchie Rapp, Equal Opportunity Programs and Ombudservices 711 East San Rafael Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2599
E-MAIL: [email protected] Phone: 520-2271, FAX: 520-2442