Mitchell High School Aviation Program: Pilot Licensing & Aircraft Design

Drone Pilot Careers

September 5, 2022

MHS AVIATION PROGRAM

UAS Careers

Pictured is a drone being used to inspect commercial power lines. Mitchell Aviation program students have the opportunity to earn an FAA Commercial UAS Pilot License opening doors to high-paying jobs in several industries.

Pictured is a commercial Unmanned Aircraft (drone) operator crew. These drone operator crews work in teams performing specialized high-tech tasks and earn excellent salaries. Mitchell Aviation program students have the opportunity to earn an FAA Commercial UAS Pilot License opening doors to high-paying jobs in several industries.

Pictured is an unmanned aircraft, or drone.” Mitchell Aviation program students have the opportunity to fly drones similar to the one pictured – learning the knowledge and skills needed to be hired as professional drone operators in a variety of industries.
Pictured is the inside of a modern aircraft cockpit. Mitchell Aviation Program students have the opportunity to fly modern aircraft flight simulators during class as well as the possibility to fly as passengers in actual general aviation aircraft.

Pictured are air navigation tools used by pilots for flight planning. Mitchell Aviation Program students learn the proper use of these tools which will help them to earn commercial pilot licenses and gain high-salary employment in a variety of industries.

Pictured are three modern General Aviation aircraft. Mitchell Aviation Program students have the opportunity to fly modern aircraft flight simulators during class as well as the possibility to fly as passengers in actual general aviation aircraft.

Pictured are a student and flight instructor preparing to fly a General Aviation aircraft. Mitchell Aviation Program students have opportunities to fly aircraft simulators as well as real, general aviation aircraft at a nearby airport.

Pictured is a General Aviation aircraft with an airport control tower and jet aircraft in the background. Mitchell Aviation Program students learn about careers in the well-paying field of Air Traffic Control.

Pictured is a jet aircraft and an air traffic control tower. Mitchell Aviation Program students learn about careers in the well-paying field of Air Traffic Control.

Pictured is the view from an air traffic control tower. Mitchell Aviation Program students learn about careers in the well-paying field of Air Traffic Control.

Pictured is a Center Air Traffic Controller. Mitchell Aviation Program students learn about careers in the well-paying field of Air Traffic Control.

Mitchell Aviation Program students learn about the many types of well-paying pilot careers as well how they may earn their pilots license as students in the aviation program.
Pictured are two commercial pilots preparing for a flight. Mitchell Aviation Program students learn that well-paying careers are easily within their reach, regardless of background, gender, other factors.

Pictured are the hundreds of specialized parts from which an aircraft is comprised. Mitchell Aviation Program students earn work experience building a REAL AIRCRAFT IN CLASS!

Pictured is the aircraft which Mitchell Aviation Program students will build during class. Time spent building the aircraft counts as work-based-learning and offers possibilities for students to earn their license as a certified FAA aircraft mechanic.

School District 11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to disability, need for special education services (whether actual or perceived), race, creed, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, genetic information, or protected activity. Any harassment/discrimination of students and/or staff, based on the protected areas, will not be tolerated and must be brought to the immediate attention of the D11 nondiscrimination compliance/grievance coordinator.

NONDISCRIMINATION COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR Katherine Ritchie Rapp, Equal Opportunity Programs and Ombudservices 711 East San Rafael Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2599
E-MAIL: [email protected] Phone: 520-2271, FAX: 520-2442

Donate to Mitchell High School CTE

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mitchell High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to Mitchell High School CTE