New 3D Printers

Janeal Tyler, Computer Science Teacher

Exciting News! Our new 3D printers have just arrived!  Students in the Computer Science Foundations 2 (CSF2) class have been learning how to design 3D images on the computer with the intent to print them, however, or printers were on back order.  Those printers have finally found their way to Mitchell High School.  We are still waiting for the filament (the plastic the printer prints with) and a few other parts, but we are one step closer to our goal.  In the unit “Computing Systems CAD/CAM” students are designing Mitchell key chains as a final project.  Once all the parts for the 3D printers come in we will be printing each of their designs.  Stay tuned for more updates and to see what designs students come up with!

School District 11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to disability, need for special education services (whether actual or perceived), race, creed, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, genetic information, or protected activity. Any harassment/discrimination of students and/or staff, based on the protected areas, will not be tolerated and must be brought to the immediate attention of the D11 nondiscrimination compliance/grievance coordinator.

NONDISCRIMINATION COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR Katherine Ritchie Rapp, Equal Opportunity Programs and Ombudservices 711 East San Rafael Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2599
E-MAIL: [email protected] Phone: 520-2271, FAX: 520-2442