CSF2 – Unit 2 DA: Tradeoff and Storage

Janeal Tyler, Computer Science Teacher

Unit 2 is designed to introduce you to data and analysis.  You will learn about the tradeoffs in software and different options for storage.

At the beginning of every topic, students are STRONGLY encouraged to write down all of the vocabulary words, definitions, and key concepts found in the concept folders.  These notes will help students a lot to complete assignments and tests.

Students are learning how to:

• Evaluate the tradeoffs in how data elements are organized and where data is stored
  • Create interactive data visualizations using software tools to help others better understand real-world phenomena
  • Develop guidelines that convey systematic troubleshooting strategies that others can use to identify and fix errors.

Students are learning about these things so that they can:

• Understand the different storage options to make the best decision for my devices as possible.
  • Explain the difference between online services and how they work.
  • Create my own flowchart of my programs or decision process.
  • Interact with an example flowchart to better explain how they work.

Students will know they are successful when they get a perfect score on the following assignments (Keep in mind they have unlimited redos):

• DA-TS Question of the Day 10 pts Due 1/13
  • DA-TS Commit to Learning  11 pts Due 1/13
  • Storage CFU 2 pts Due 1/13
  • Pizza as a Service CFU 2 pts Due 1/13
  • Flow Charts CFU 2 pts Due 1/13
  • Order of Operations CFU 2 pts Due 1/13
  • DA-TS Making Sense of Learning 15 pts Due 1/20
  • DA-TS Practice and Rehearse 8 pts Due 1/20
  • DA-TS Extend and Apply 11 pts Due 1/20
  • DA-B Quiz 10 pts Due 1/20

School District 11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to disability, need for special education services (whether actual or perceived), race, creed, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, genetic information, or protected activity. Any harassment/discrimination of students and/or staff, based on the protected areas, will not be tolerated and must be brought to the immediate attention of the D11 nondiscrimination compliance/grievance coordinator.

NONDISCRIMINATION COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR Katherine Ritchie Rapp, Equal Opportunity Programs and Ombudservices 711 East San Rafael Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2599
E-MAIL: [email protected] Phone: 520-2271, FAX: 520-2442